Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Moving Boundary in a confined geometry, 2D axisymmetric

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am just starting to use the moving mesh/deformed geometry physics with Comsol and was just struggling a bit with a problem which I feel should be simple. I have a bezier polygon which takes the shape (in 2D axisymmetric) of being a series of truncated cones on top of each other, which gets narrower towards the bottom. I want to have a boundary within the polygon, which can move downwards, restricted by the border of the polygon, so that below the boundary there will be liquid and the transport of diluted species will be active and above will just be a solid boundary. I can get the boundary to move down but it is not restricted by the walls of the polygon. Any help would be much appreciated as I am still not familiar enough with the moving boundary functionality of COMSOL. I have attached a rough model so far.

Best wishes

0 Replies Last Post Oct 7, 2016, 5:10 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello David Perry

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.