Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

AC current source

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I'm trying to model the human arm and I have assumed concentric multi layered cylinder represents skin, fat, muscle, and bone respectively.

Four circular electrodes are in direct contact to the model, two of them at one side represent signal and ground electrodes of TX the other two electrodes are on the other side of the cylinder representing detector and ground electrode of RX to measure the potential difference

I need to galvanically couple AC current ( inject AC current with amplitude 3mA) into the model between the signal and ground electrodes of the transmitter this major current result in a minor current goes through the arm and detected as potential difference between the two electrodes at the receiving end.

My question is
How can I inject the model with that AC current through the signal electrode of TX and how to detect the potential difference at the receiving end what kind of boundary I need and what kind of study I should use?

Regards,
Doaa

0 Replies Last Post Oct 12, 2016, 5:13 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Doaa Ahmed

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.