Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Model analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

As a part of my thesis, I have been working on and developing a model for hydrogen bromine (HBr/Br2) flow batteries. Following are a few points describing the battery behavior and parameters which I intended to implement in the model:

1) Porous cathode electrode (LDL) : Has solid electrode and electrolyte in pores which are conducting (with magnitudes of these conductivities largely apart). There is no reaction (charge transfer reaction) in the porous electrode.
2) The charge transfer reaction occurs on the electrode-electrolyte interface which is constrained kinetically and by mass transport of species (Diffusion, migration and convection).
3) An ion exchange membrane(ion conducting) separates the GDL and LDL. The electrolyte conductivity of this membrane is constant and uniform.
4) The reactions only occur at the interface of GDL-electrolyte and electrolyte-LDL.
5) The electrolyte is a dilute solution. The flow of charge/electrolyte till the reaction interface is defined through diffusion, migration and convection. Charge and velocity transfer on anode side is ignored as it is negligible.

I have been able to link all the physics together and simulate the model with success. The results look decent too.

I just wanted somebody in the COMSOL community to view my model which I have attached with this post and give me their valuable feedback about if I have implemented all the things I was talking about before in the model accurately. Is there something important I am missing? Or something I have done wrong or something can improve in the model.

Thank you very much in advance for your valuable time to analyse my model and for your feedback. Every feedback is very very valuable to me.

Hoping to hear from somebody soon.

Best regards,

Kaushik

1 Reply Last Post Oct 20, 2016, 7:19 a.m. EDT
François Mandias COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Oct 20, 2016, 7:19 a.m. EDT
Dear Kaushik Prasad,

Please address your post directly to: support@comsol.com

Best,
François Mandias
Dear Kaushik Prasad, Please address your post directly to: support@comsol.com Best, François Mandias

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.