Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Acoustic wave direction in2D axisymmetric model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am trying to model acoustic structure interaction of solid cylinder in "2D Axisymmetric model." The model Comprised of a solid cylinder which surrounded by water domain. The solid cylinder is exciting with incoming acoustic plane wave. Plane wave is generating using incident pressure field. In order to specify the direction of plane wave 'ek' we have to type the values of r and z in unit of meters. How can I specify the angle of incidence on the cylinder using the values of r and z. I have tried this for different values of r and z. But i am not getting exact plane wave near by my solid cylinder. That is pressure on different point on the cylinder is different.
If anybody knows please help me .....

Vivek K

1 Reply Last Post Nov 7, 2016, 8:16 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Nov 7, 2016, 8:16 a.m. EST
You should just type in the direction a the single plane wave, that you can generate with the Incoming Plane Wave option. It sounds like you want to have normal incidence on all boundaries of the cylinder, which is not a plane wave.
You should just type in the direction a the single plane wave, that you can generate with the Incoming Plane Wave option. It sounds like you want to have normal incidence on all boundaries of the cylinder, which is not a plane wave.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.