Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Far field in RF MODUL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HI

I feel something is wrong in far-field calculation in RF module. Please have a look at the attached mph file. There is a simple square where an EM wave comes in from one side and exits from the other. when I use grid 2D to see the far-field out of the meshed domain, It's always wrong, as you see in the attached picture while it should basically nicely follow the field inside the domain. The field inside is not continuous at the boundary. Funny is that even if you move the domain for example far away to the right side and solve it, the far-field stays the same at the previous place.
I tried PML at the boundary but no change.
Can anyone help me?

Regards
Behnam

0 Replies Last Post Oct 24, 2016, 6:04 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Behnam Mirzaei

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.