Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Nanoimprinted Quasi 3D Nanosquares Plasmonic Biosensor (LSPR)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Respected Members,

My educational background:
B.Sc and M.Sc. in Applied Physics, Electronics and Communication Engineering.

My knowledge on COMSOL:
I just setup the COMSOL 5.0 in my computer, and I am very beginner in COMSOL.

My Goal:
My target is to fabricate a Plasmonic Biosensor in Nanoimprinted technique by using cleanroom facility. For this, firstly I want to develop and simulate a "Quasi 3D Nanosquares" model for Plasmonic Biosensor with the help of COMSOL.

My Queries:
Can anyone suggest me how can I develop myself in COMSOL environment for Plasmonic Biosensor's modelling and simulation?

--
Khalid

1 Reply Last Post Dec 14, 2016, 4:48 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Dec 14, 2016, 4:48 a.m. EST
Hello,

the best way to study COMSOL from the beginning is to look at built-in models in COMSOL Library. These models have PDF manuals, so they should be easy to understand. For your purposes MEMS, RF and Wave Optics Modules are very helpful. Also you can find a lot of models in Internet, for example YouTube.
After that it's better to create some simple models. When you have questions, try to find answers at this Forum and in COMSOL Help. If you didn't find an answer, feel free to ask at forum. Describe your model and question in detail. Attachment of your model file also raises the chance for reply.

Good luck!
Hello, the best way to study COMSOL from the beginning is to look at built-in models in COMSOL Library. These models have PDF manuals, so they should be easy to understand. For your purposes MEMS, RF and Wave Optics Modules are very helpful. Also you can find a lot of models in Internet, for example YouTube. After that it's better to create some simple models. When you have questions, try to find answers at this Forum and in COMSOL Help. If you didn't find an answer, feel free to ask at forum. Describe your model and question in detail. Attachment of your model file also raises the chance for reply. Good luck!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.