Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

modifyin mesh didn't modify my results

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I have modified my mesh in order to choose the appropriate one for my next simulations, however i have got the same result for extremely fine as for normal mesh. I'm looking for different values of my diffusion flux which was integrated in two surfaces ( using integration function in comsol) can anywone give a suggestion please ?
Thanks

2 Replies Last Post Mar 15, 2017, 10:04 a.m. EDT

Posted: 8 years ago Dec 14, 2016, 9:46 a.m. EST
Hello,

If you get the same results for an extremely fine and a normal mesh
it could mean that a low resolution ( degree of freedoms) is sufficient to
accurately solve the given mathematical problem.

Maybe you could compute solution on even coarser grids, to see if the
mesh covergence deteriates.

Also how do you determine the difference of the results between the
two meshes. Only by optical comparison or do you use some kind of quantiative measurement?

Hello, If you get the same results for an extremely fine and a normal mesh it could mean that a low resolution ( degree of freedoms) is sufficient to accurately solve the given mathematical problem. Maybe you could compute solution on even coarser grids, to see if the mesh covergence deteriates. Also how do you determine the difference of the results between the two meshes. Only by optical comparison or do you use some kind of quantiative measurement?

Posted: 7 years ago Mar 15, 2017, 10:04 a.m. EDT
Hello, thank you for your answer, however i couldn't build the mesh for the whole geometry as i said, for example if i would choose finer mesh the same error message will appear because my layer thickness is much smaller than the minimum element size for the finer mesh. I don't know if you get it.
Furthermore, my geometry dimensions changes when i change a parameter that i defined so that's why for a specific value of this paremeter mesh could work but for other values i get the error message and i couldn't build my mesh
Thank you again
Oh sorry i thought you replied on my last question sorry ! could you check my question about mesh construction please ?
Hello, thank you for your answer, however i couldn't build the mesh for the whole geometry as i said, for example if i would choose finer mesh the same error message will appear because my layer thickness is much smaller than the minimum element size for the finer mesh. I don't know if you get it. Furthermore, my geometry dimensions changes when i change a parameter that i defined so that's why for a specific value of this paremeter mesh could work but for other values i get the error message and i couldn't build my mesh Thank you again Oh sorry i thought you replied on my last question sorry ! could you check my question about mesh construction please ?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.