Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Importing Boundary Conditions from MATLAB to COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I figured out how to define geometry objects in MATLAB and import them to COMSOL. I would like to also import boundary conditions from MATLAB into COMSOL that way I don't have to manually add boundary conditions using the COMSOL GUI. Can anyone please help me with how to import boundary conditions?

If possible, I would prefer not to define and solve the entire model in COMSOL. What I would prefer to do is
1. define geometry objects in MATLAB and import them to COMSOL
2. define boundary conditions in MATLAB and import them to COMSOL
3. mesh/solve using the COMSOL GUI as normal

Thanks,
Kevin

P.S. I'm using COMSOL version 3.5a

3 Replies Last Post Jan 22, 2011, 12:37 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 21, 2011, 5:54 p.m. EST
PLEASE can anyone help me? I've been experimenting with COMSOL trying to find a way to do this, but haven't had any success.

Thanks,
Kevin
PLEASE can anyone help me? I've been experimenting with COMSOL trying to find a way to do this, but haven't had any success. Thanks, Kevin

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 22, 2011, 10:54 a.m. EST
Hi Kevin,
I'm sorry that I cannot help you with your question, but for me as an absolute beginner it would also be very interesting to get some hints for this. I only managed to do it all in Matlab (like it is described in the help 'Scripting from Scratch : Getting Started').
Best,
Eli
Hi Kevin, I'm sorry that I cannot help you with your question, but for me as an absolute beginner it would also be very interesting to get some hints for this. I only managed to do it all in Matlab (like it is described in the help 'Scripting from Scratch : Getting Started'). Best, Eli

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 22, 2011, 12:37 p.m. EST
Hi

3.5 is getting too old in my mind, and I'm not investing more time on that version, but my way to learn the matlab interface, was to tun on the "history" file do the exercice in the COMSOl GUI and then study the resulting file. To have a clean file you should peform the operations once without deleteing ad restarting too often as the history file is "cummulative" and the "file reset model" cleans the "m" file but not 100%

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi 3.5 is getting too old in my mind, and I'm not investing more time on that version, but my way to learn the matlab interface, was to tun on the "history" file do the exercice in the COMSOl GUI and then study the resulting file. To have a clean file you should peform the operations once without deleteing ad restarting too often as the history file is "cummulative" and the "file reset model" cleans the "m" file but not 100% -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.