Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

cooling of welded bars

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Guys,
I want to appreciate all who have made selfless sacrifices to upload tutorial materials on Comsol which have really helped me to learn the use of the software to this level.

How do I subject a heat transfer problem (Welding precisely) to cooling back to room temperature?
I have tried coupling heat transfer and fluid flow to no avail.

Please, kindly share with me possible solutions.

3 Replies Last Post Jan 9, 2017, 10:53 a.m. EST

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 5, 2017, 7:37 p.m. EST
Or better stili, which Multiphysics combination will give a suitable simulation?
Or better stili, which Multiphysics combination will give a suitable simulation?

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 6, 2017, 9:01 a.m. EST
Heat transfer between a solid domain and a fluid domain is referred to as conjugate heat transfer. You will find a conjugate heat transfer tutorial in the Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics manual, version 5.2a, starting on page 114 (cdn.comsol.com/documentation/5.2.1.262/IntroductionToCOMSOLMultiphysics.pdf).
All manuals are accessed through File>Help>Documentation.
Best regards,
Jeff
Heat transfer between a solid domain and a fluid domain is referred to as conjugate heat transfer. You will find a conjugate heat transfer tutorial in the Introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics manual, version 5.2a, starting on page 114 (https://cdn.comsol.com/documentation/5.2.1.262/IntroductionToCOMSOLMultiphysics.pdf). All manuals are accessed through File>Help>Documentation. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 9, 2017, 10:53 a.m. EST
Ok sir, I will try to explore the conjugate heat transfer module and see what progress I can make. Thanks n remain blessed.
Ok sir, I will try to explore the conjugate heat transfer module and see what progress I can make. Thanks n remain blessed.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.