Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Imported Geometry Shows up as a Hollow Block??

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all, I am a newbie in Comsol Multiphysics so please forgive my silly question.

I am trying to model fluid flow inside a pipe. I made the model using SolidWorks then I realised Comsol doesn't recognise the domain inside the pipe, so I made another SolidWorks part that is the inner part of the pipe just like a cylindrical block. (I realised there is a Cap Faces function just after)

But when I import it into Comsol, it seems that the cylindrical block becomes only just a void enclosed by surfaces. When I use the hide function in setting up inlet conditions, I could hide the outer surface and even see the inner wall of the cylindrical block. And my solution never converged, don't know if there's anything to do with this. I try importing the geometry using .sldprt and .x_b but the problem still exists. The part I imported into Comsol is definitely showing up as a cylindrical block in SolidWorks, I used the Join function in SolidWorks to transform the pipe assembly into a part, don't know if that's relevant.

Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post Jan 9, 2017, 10:48 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Joy Au

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.