Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting Displacement Slope Error Along a Cut Edge

Nicholas Goldring Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am having a hard time plotting the slope error along a 3D-cut edge data set and coming up with a subsequent standard deviation of this error. I would like to plot the slope error of the net vertical displacement along this line which runs along the y-axis from -200mm to 200mm. I think that I can plot the slope by using the expression:

abs((z-Zg)/(Yg))

However, I can't come up with a way to create a plot of slope error. In excel, I get a value of slope error for each data point with the expression (z_(n+1) - z_n)/(Y_(n+1)-Y_n)... where z is the vertical displacement. Being able to plot slope error in Comsol would be a huge help to me but I'm not sure how to go about it. I do know that once I have this plot I can use a line integration to evaluate the standard deviation.

Any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

0 Replies Last Post Feb 23, 2017, 5:33 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nicholas Goldring

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.