Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Magnetic flux density measurements applied to model using point cloud data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to model my measurements I have done in a lab into Comsol. I measured the z-component of the magnetic flux density (Bz) in a grid (300x360 mm) on a plate.

I followed the method: Using Point Cloud Data found on this page www.comsol.nl/blogs/using-point-cloud-data-in-your-comsol-model/.

The questions I have:

- Did I correctly apply my grid of measurements of Bz on to the plate I simulated in Comsol.

I have read in my data set from Excel with an interpolation function under the tab: Definitions.
I applied the data Bz under: Magnetic field, no currents --> Magnetic flux conservation --> Magnetic field --> Constitutive relation: Remanent flux density --> Remanent flux density: x=0,y=0,z=Bz.

- Can I add my background field in T?

I only found it in A/m under: Magnetic field, no currents --> Background magnetic field --> Solve for: Reduced field --> Background magnetic field in A/m.

I have added my model and data set. I really hope somebody has an answer to my questions. Thanks in advance!

0 Replies Last Post Mar 5, 2017, 11:30 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sylvia van Kreveld

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.