Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Selecting one boundary of an identity pair

Dimitrios Agriostathis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to select the source and destination boundaries for a copy operation in building the mesh at an identity pair. For this purpose I would like to be able to select the boundaries of the identity pair separately without using an explicit selection, however I can't manage to do this using other kinds of selections because the boundaries can't be distinguished in the geometry. Is there a way around this?

2 Replies Last Post Mar 6, 2017, 12:07 p.m. EST

Posted: 7 years ago Mar 6, 2017, 10:36 a.m. EST
If you have two separate objects for domains , then you can assign each object and name it in geometry. Those boundaries will be available fro selection in layer on all the model nodes.
If you have two separate objects for domains , then you can assign each object and name it in geometry. Those boundaries will be available fro selection in layer on all the model nodes.

Dimitrios Agriostathis

Posted: 7 years ago Mar 6, 2017, 12:07 p.m. EST

Thank you for your response. What do you mean by "selection in layer on all the model nodes" ?
[QUOTE] If you have two separate objects for domains , then you can assign each object and name it in geometry. Those boundaries will be available fro selection in layer on all the model nodes. [/QUOTE] Thank you for your response. What do you mean by "selection in layer on all the model nodes" ?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.