Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Amplitude response of beam in frequency study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am tying to obtain the amplitude response of a MEMS bridge (model attached) with the structural mechanics module, I obtained the resonant frequency of the bridge via Eigen studies. I was trying to obtain the amplitude response of the bridge via frequency studies around the resonant frequency I obtained via Eigen studies. However, my displacement is always zero all across my frequency sweep. Can somebody let me know what I am doing wrong or missing in my model. It seems like a straightforward problem to me.

Thank you.

2 Replies Last Post Apr 25, 2017, 5:43 p.m. EDT
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 7 years ago Mar 15, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EDT
Dear Olutosin,

The Point Load is defined as a Harmonic Perturbation even though this is a “standard” Frequency Domain Study. Right click on the Load and de-active the Harmonic Perturbation setting. The documentation has a good description of when to use the Harmonic Perturbation setting.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Dear Olutosin, The Point Load is defined as a Harmonic Perturbation even though this is a “standard” Frequency Domain Study. Right click on the Load and de-active the Harmonic Perturbation setting. The documentation has a good description of when to use the Harmonic Perturbation setting. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Posted: 7 years ago Apr 25, 2017, 5:43 p.m. EDT
Thank you very much, Nagi.
Thank you very much, Nagi.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.