Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Couple heat and mass transfer of porous media

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am new in using COMSOL in solving couple heat and mass transfer process. Using transport of dilute species in porous media (tds) and heat transfer in porous media (ht), and finer mesh, i wasn't able to solve the couple multiphysics problem. After running the simulation i got an error message "The following feature has encountered a problem: Invalid variable for lower limit. Feature: Time-Dependent Solver 1 (sol1/t1)", as shown in the attached image. Please, i need someone to help me figure out how to solve the problem.

1 Reply Last Post Mar 31, 2017, 1:09 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Mar 31, 2017, 1:09 a.m. EDT

I am new in using COMSOL in solving couple heat and mass transfer process. Using transport of dilute species in porous media (tds) and heat transfer in porous media (ht), and finer mesh, i wasn't able to solve the couple multiphysics problem. After running the simulation i got an error message "The following feature has encountered a problem: Invalid variable for lower limit. Feature: Time-Dependent Solver 1 (sol1/t1)", as shown in the attached image. Please, i need someone to help me figure out how to solve the problem.

Hi,

I cannot really say without looking at the model but you can try checking your mass balance.

Best,
Mahvash

[QUOTE] I am new in using COMSOL in solving couple heat and mass transfer process. Using transport of dilute species in porous media (tds) and heat transfer in porous media (ht), and finer mesh, i wasn't able to solve the couple multiphysics problem. After running the simulation i got an error message "The following feature has encountered a problem: Invalid variable for lower limit. Feature: Time-Dependent Solver 1 (sol1/t1)", as shown in the attached image. Please, i need someone to help me figure out how to solve the problem. [/QUOTE] Hi, I cannot really say without looking at the model but you can try checking your mass balance. Best, Mahvash

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.