Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Two-Layered Packed Bed Reactor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using Transport of dilute species

I have a downflow packed bed reactor with 2 layers, the upper layer is made of mineral ”A”, the lower layer is mineral ”B”.
When the concentration “c” has been passed through mineral “A” it will enter in mineral “B”.

How can I set in the Model Builder that the concentration of “c” at the Outflow of layer “A” is equal to the concentration of “c” at the Inflow of layer “B”?

I have Inflow1 which has a value of 10 mol/m3
The value of Outflow 1 is automatically calculated by Comsol
The value of Inflow2 is the same value of Outflow1 (How can I put Outflow1 as my Inflow value in Inflow2?)

Regards,

3 Replies Last Post Jul 14, 2017, 6:17 p.m. EDT

Posted: 7 years ago Jul 13, 2017, 1:51 p.m. EDT
You can simply set the inlet value in domain 2 to the outlet value of domain 1 using an averaging function. So if you want you outlet concentration at boundary 1, then in your inlet values at the inlet in domain 2 boundary 1 would be aveop1(cA). Or, you can use a boundary identify pair which would be more precise..

You can simply set the inlet value in domain 2 to the outlet value of domain 1 using an averaging function. So if you want you outlet concentration at boundary 1, then in your inlet values at the inlet in domain 2 boundary 1 would be aveop1(cA). Or, you can use a boundary identify pair which would be more precise..

Posted: 7 years ago Jul 14, 2017, 7:15 a.m. EDT
Thanks a lot for your answer,

Now my model looks better :)

Regards,

Raul
Thanks a lot for your answer, Now my model looks better :) Regards, Raul

Posted: 7 years ago Jul 14, 2017, 6:17 p.m. EDT
glad I could help
glad I could help

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.