Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Addressing each object in a Split output individually

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

So I have an object that I use the Split operation on. The domains created are exactly what I want. Each individual object now contains exactly what I want. Now, I want to be able to take all of these individual objects and have a selection for *each* one.

Basically I create an array X-long (a parameter I would like to sweep over) of objects, split them to get the desired shapes, and then I want to call them one by one in my physics interface. Something like spl(1) doesn't pop up in the physics selections. So if I am doing, for example, a floating potential for a bunch of metal parts, those boundaries can get really wacky. I don't want to sit and click each boundary manually. And then re-do it when I change my array length.

If I just make a selection of the resulting entities, I can only address them all as one entity.

Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post Jul 12, 2017, 6:09 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Damian Rivas

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.