Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Eigen frequecny analysis,band gap analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hallo,

I am trying to find band diagram of a photonic crystal.My unit cell has periodic boundary condtion in x an dy direction .But z direction is open and also kz=0( no propagation).wave is only propagating in x and y direction.

PML and sacttering boundary condition has been used in top and bottom(open boundary).But the problem is the wave is reflecting back to the computational doamin.I have tried to increase the thickness and abosorption coefficient(scaling factor).But no improvement has been found.
I have also varied the distance of PML layer from the substrate and the thickness of the substrate from lambda to 10*lambda(to check when the eigen frequency become independent those variation).But no feasible conclusion could be made.

Could you please check the model or suggest me on boundary condiiton.

Could you please help me regarding this.

Best regards
Ansiuzzaman Boni

0 Replies Last Post Jul 31, 2017, 4:58 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anisuzzaman Boni

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.