Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

A question about VCSEL simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Howdy,

I'm using comsol to do vcsel design. The modules included in my model is semiconductor and wave electromagnetic, Frequency domain, the study in my model is Frequency-stationary.

Port has been added in the cavity; and now, the device works if I enter certain power and frequency in the port definition and sweeping frequency (the frequency is within the spectrum of my MQW LED between two DBRs, and the power is 1mW). I can read the spantaneous emission and the stimulated emission.

But the question is, well, the power is given by the quantum well, actually; but how can I descirbe that in the incident power of the port? And the sweeping frequency should be determined by the spectrum of the central MQW LED, how can I describe the frequency. They should be expressions instead of certain values.

In LED simulation, I know how to read the spectrum and its corresponding intensity, but if I enter these expressions to be my incident power and sweeping frequency, they cannot be recognized. I don't know how to transfer the value; especially for the power, it is a variable as time goes by.

Great appreciate if you give me any idea. Chen Gong

0 Replies Last Post Oct 27, 2017, 12:18 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chen Gong

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.