Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Use results as boundary condition, frequency domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I would like to do an uncoupled acoustic-structure-interaction simulation: In one simulation a source generates a pressure field in the frequency domain (lets say 100,101,102,...1000 Hz)with one boundary being sound hard. I want to take the pressure along that boundary and use it as boundary load for a structural simulation. I know this is possible using this method: https://www.comsol.se/blogs/using-point-cloud-data-in-your-comsol-model/

But I want to do it in the frequency domain for a large number of frequencies. I could use Matlab Livelink for this, but maybe there is an easier way to do it...?

Thanks in advance!

-------------------

2 Replies Last Post Feb 12, 2018, 4:20 a.m. EST
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Oct 30, 2017, 7:56 a.m. EDT

Hi,

You can just enter the pressure variable in the input for the Boundary Load in the Solid Mechanics, Shell, or Membrane interface you are using for the structural analysis.

It you are using two different studies (as opposed to study steps) you will have to point to the study where you solved the acoustics problem.

If you different geometries (two components), then you need to map the pressure using an extrusion operator.

Note that the pressure is complex valued (since it contains amplitude + phase). This is not a problem. The boundary load can be complex valued too.

Regards, Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi, You can just enter the pressure variable in the input for the Boundary Load in the Solid Mechanics, Shell, or Membrane interface you are using for the structural analysis. It you are using two different studies (as opposed to study steps) you will have to point to the study where you solved the acoustics problem. If you different geometries (two components), then you need to map the pressure using an extrusion operator. Note that the pressure is complex valued (since it contains amplitude + phase). This is not a problem. The boundary load can be complex valued too. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 6 years ago Feb 12, 2018, 4:20 a.m. EST

Hello,

Did you find a suitable way to solve this problem? I am in the same situation like yours. It would be helpful, if you could share the method you employed to solve this problem.

Best Regards, Kiran

Hello, Did you find a suitable way to solve this problem? I am in the same situation like yours. It would be helpful, if you could share the method you employed to solve this problem. Best Regards, Kiran

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.