Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Negative pressure values at some grid points

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

Hi

I am trying to simulate fluid flow in porous media using Navier Stokes equation. It can be assumed as channel flow, but instead of hollow channel, I have some solid grains in it. I have used a source term to drive the flow in x-direction and periodic boundary conditions on my inlet and outlet. But I'm getting negative pressure values in some grid points. I need to calculate overall pressure drop across the sample. How can I do it? If I remove the source term and specify pressure or velocity values at inlet and outlet, it becomes conditionally stable. And if I specify pressures at inlet and outlet, keeping the source term same, the solution still converges but I am not sure if this is the right way to do it.

0 Replies Last Post Feb 11, 2018, 12:27 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rahul Pushkarna

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.