Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems with exporting data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I want to read files with Garfield.
With version 3.5 I use file->export->post-processing data
then I use the format "Nodes,elements,data" and it works (see v3.5.jpg)

With version 4.0 i tried report(right-click)->data
then I choosed electric potential, format: sectionwise, switched of the header button and choosed for resolution: custum with lagrange-element node order 2 (see v4.0.jpg)

the output file looks almost the same, but when I try to import it with Garfield it says "Element 1 is degenerated".

Maybe someone has an idea how to solve this problem

2 Replies Last Post Apr 1, 2015, 8:38 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Don Vernekohl

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 9 years ago Mar 31, 2015, 7:43 p.m. EDT
I want to know whether you have solved this problem. I encounter the same thing. Garfield can't recognise the file exported from comsol 5.
I want to know whether you have solved this problem. I encounter the same thing. Garfield can't recognise the file exported from comsol 5.

Walter Frei COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago Apr 1, 2015, 8:38 a.m. EDT
Hello All,

It seems from a short web search that Garfield is a 3rd party software, and it seems that their developers have written some import functionality for COMSOL Multiphysics data. If you are having trouble with their functionality, it would be more appropriate to post your questions to their support forums. You would be more likely to get a resolution to your questions there.

Best Regards,
Walter

Hello All, It seems from a short web search that Garfield is a 3rd party software, and it seems that their developers have written some import functionality for COMSOL Multiphysics data. If you are having trouble with their functionality, it would be more appropriate to post your questions to their support forums. You would be more likely to get a resolution to your questions there. Best Regards, Walter

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.