Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

distinguishing subdomains graphically (e.g. plotting subdomain-labels) in Comsol 4?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
in Comsol 3.x it was possible to examine the subdomains via showing the subdomain-numbers in geomplot using the option 'sublabels','on'.
Is there a possibility in Comsol 4 to distinguish the subdomains graphically like showing subdomain-numbers (or coloring a certain subdomain) in a plot?
Thank you in advance

6 Replies Last Post Sep 25, 2013, 5:47 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 11, 2011, 9:03 a.m. EDT
Hi

good question ;)

by default they are on (and I do not find where to turn them off) in "geometry CAD mode" you switch between the modes with the entity selection

For the post-processing you have the "Results View node" where you can select with or without geometrical labels, but I see no effect (you must link a Plot group node explicitly to the Results View to be sure that it is attached to that View definition, I'm not sure where "automatic is attaching).

Looks like something is not full working yet, or it's me that have not understood the way around ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi good question ;) by default they are on (and I do not find where to turn them off) in "geometry CAD mode" you switch between the modes with the entity selection For the post-processing you have the "Results View node" where you can select with or without geometrical labels, but I see no effect (you must link a Plot group node explicitly to the Results View to be sure that it is attached to that View definition, I'm not sure where "automatic is attaching). Looks like something is not full working yet, or it's me that have not understood the way around ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Zoran Vidakovic, COMSOL COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 11, 2011, 1:11 p.m. EDT
Hello Gentlemen,

In terms of coloring different domains in the Results node I can provide a quick solution (version 4.1.0.185). Have a look at the attached picture.
I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Zoran
Hello Gentlemen, In terms of coloring different domains in the Results node I can provide a quick solution (version 4.1.0.185). Have a look at the attached picture. I hope this helps! Best regards, Zoran

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 11, 2011, 2:37 p.m. EDT
Hi

thanks, that is a nice one :) should have thought of that

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi thanks, that is a nice one :) should have thought of that -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 12, 2011, 5:16 a.m. EDT
Thank you guys, helped me a lot
Thank you guys, helped me a lot

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 23, 2013, 4:34 p.m. EDT
hi Ivar
i did the domain index as you explained, but i have a cylinder that surround the other domains in the model so i can't see the solution inside , i attache the photo of the result
could you told me how can i solve this problem
thanks a lot
hi Ivar i did the domain index as you explained, but i have a cylinder that surround the other domains in the model so i can't see the solution inside , i attache the photo of the result could you told me how can i solve this problem thanks a lot

Zoran Vidakovic, COMSOL COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 25, 2013, 5:47 a.m. EDT
Dear Basant,

In Results > Data Sets > Solution you can add a Selection node (right-click) and include only those domains that should be plotted. Attached image is a screenshot from version 4.3b.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Zoran
Dear Basant, In Results > Data Sets > Solution you can add a Selection node (right-click) and include only those domains that should be plotted. Attached image is a screenshot from version 4.3b. I hope this helps! Best regards, Zoran

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.