Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Chemical Etching for fixed structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone, there is a "chemical etching" model in the library and the copper substrate is infinite in the model. http://cn.comsol.com/model/chemical-etching-44481 My question is, when the copper is limited ( with fixed boundaries) and the outer space cannot be etched, how can I simulate the process? This has been bothering me for several weeks. Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post Mar 8, 2018, 8:34 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Mar 8, 2018, 8:34 a.m. EST

Commets: 1, Deform Geometry cannot be used here when the copper's structure (etched area) is complex; 2, Level set method is not good, because this method uses Laminar Flow(spf) to control the interface between two face. However, the interface in the etching model should be control by the Transport of Diluted Species(tds). 3, any other suggestion?

Commets: 1, Deform Geometry cannot be used here when the copper's structure (etched area) is complex; 2, Level set method is not good, because this method uses Laminar Flow(spf) to control the interface between two face. However, the interface in the etching model should be control by the Transport of Diluted Species(tds). 3, any other suggestion?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.