Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Incapable in obtaining the mesh convergence

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone! I made a mode which contains a square micro channel with an particle inside. It has a quiet simple physics configuration: 1. Governing equations: incompressible laminar flow 2. 4 channel walls and particle surfaces are of no slip walls 3. laminar inflow inlet with preset volume rate 4. laminar outflow outlet with preset pressure equaling to zero

The serious problem is that my model seems to have no mesh convergency: The mesh density increase while the force on particle increase without reaching a stable value gradually. I have tried the DOF from 1e4 to 1e7. With DOF of 1e7, the calculation takes 18 hours. Is my model have some problem or I haven't reach the sufficent number of DOF?

Thanks in advance for any ideas and advices! Xiaoqiu HE

1 Reply Last Post Mar 13, 2018, 12:18 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Mar 13, 2018, 12:18 a.m. EDT

Dear Xiaoqiu,

Is it a solid inside the fluid flow or particle inside a fluid flow.

If it is solid: Then i recommend you use fluid structure interaction or moving mesh to solve the problem.

if it is Particle and if you are using particle tracing module then check the initial conditions.

Possibly it will help.

Regards, Ismail

Dear Xiaoqiu, Is it a solid inside the fluid flow or particle inside a fluid flow. If it is solid: Then i recommend you use fluid structure interaction or moving mesh to solve the problem. if it is Particle and if you are using particle tracing module then check the initial conditions. Possibly it will help. Regards, Ismail

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.