Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Defining rotating wall in 3D CFD module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a problem to define the rotating wall conditions in my CFD module, I have the gas chamber which there is a spinning shaft with disk inside, I'd like to find out my fluid boundary layer at the wall of the disk. but I have several issues to define the boundary conditions for rotating walls, specifically for side wall. I could titled my issues as mentioned below:

• The boundary condition doesn't apply for side wall and the velocity at side wall suddenly goes to zero!
  • I believe my magnitude of velocity is correct but the direction of rotating wall is wrong.
  • I found several modelings which used rotating machinery system, but I think I can't use it for my modeling due to mt chamber is not a mixer, am I right? moreover, when I select rotating machinery I don't have the rotating domain and rotating wall options to add my boundary conditions!!!

I really appreciate if could give me some advice.

Warmest Regards Pedram

0 Replies Last Post Mar 29, 2018, 1:46 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Pedram Yousefian

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.