Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

meaning of swept mesh distribution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All. I created a rectangular layer where I wanted finer layers at the edges. I used a swept mesh with a distribution that used a symmetric arithmetic sequence with 10 layers and an element ratio of 5 to produce the mesh in the image attached here (see Capture.PNG) below. My question is, what is the function that is used to calculate the thicknesses of the layers and how does the ratio of 5 come in to play here? The result is what I wanted, but I don't know how to calculate exactly how thick the layers are or understand how I got them I would like to understand.

0 Replies Last Post Apr 3, 2018, 3:13 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Don West

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.