Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

1D Plot (Position vs. Conductivity)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am attempting to plot a simple Position (y) vs. Conductivity (σ). I'm using the Electroanalysis model, and I use the formula: σ[S/m] = c [mol/L]lambda[S/(mmol/L)], to obtain the conductivity along the 2D shape along the y-axis.

The issue is, I can't seem to find a way to plot the Conductivity data so that it corresponds to the y-axis data along the shape itself. Does anybody know a way to do this?

Thanks, AB

5 Replies Last Post Apr 20, 2018, 1:31 a.m. EDT

Posted: 6 years ago Apr 16, 2018, 3:41 a.m. EDT

Hi

Are you trying to plot along a boundary of your geometry or along an arbitrary line? The former is easy. A 2D cut line is naturally possible but you do not mean that? A tedious way is to define multiple points in the geometry and use Point Evaluation in the Derived Value node.

Lasse

Hi Are you trying to plot along a boundary of your geometry or along an arbitrary line? The former is easy. A 2D cut line is naturally possible but you do not mean that? A tedious way is to define multiple points in the geometry and use Point Evaluation in the Derived Value node. Lasse

Posted: 6 years ago Apr 16, 2018, 8:41 p.m. EDT

Hi Lasse,

Yes, along the boundary of the geometry. What I'd like for the graph to have is an iteration over the geometry. On the solution of the geometry itself, there are various concentrations [mol/L]. So I use the formula stated previously to obtain the conductivity of the geometry at various points. Now, what I'd like to do is plot the position vs conductivity graph over the geometry (down the middle) on the y-axis.

Hope that makes more sense, AB

Hi Lasse, Yes, along the boundary of the geometry. What I'd like for the graph to have is an iteration over the geometry. On the solution of the geometry itself, there are various concentrations [mol/L]. So I use the formula stated previously to obtain the conductivity of the geometry at various points. Now, what I'd like to do is plot the position vs conductivity graph over the geometry (down the middle) on the y-axis. Hope that makes more sense, AB

Posted: 6 years ago Apr 17, 2018, 5:19 a.m. EDT

Hi

I do not see what the problem is.

Lasse

Hi I do not see what the problem is. Lasse

Posted: 6 years ago Apr 18, 2018, 4:50 p.m. EDT

The problem is, I can't find the expression to iterate over the geometry. There is a variable 'y' that I thought would do the trick, but it has a static value.

The problem is, I can't find the expression to iterate over the geometry. There is a variable 'y' that I thought would do the trick, but it has a static value.

Posted: 6 years ago Apr 20, 2018, 1:31 a.m. EDT

What do you mean by 'iterate'?

You can put the molar conductivity as a parameter in the parameters list, let's call it 'lambda'. Insert its value, and in the line plot, write 'lambda·c' to the expression box if c is your concentration variable. In the line graph you choose the boundary on which you want to make the plot by clicking it.

Results --> 1D Plot Group --> Line Graph

Do I understand you at all?

Lasse

What do you mean by 'iterate'? You can put the molar conductivity as a parameter in the parameters list, let's call it 'lambda'. Insert its value, and in the line plot, write 'lambda·c' to the expression box if c is your concentration variable. In the line graph you choose the boundary on which you want to make the plot by clicking it. Results --> 1D Plot Group --> Line Graph Do I understand you at all? Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.