Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Variable for Young's Modulus from Uniaxial Stress Strain Curve

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to create a 3D time dependent study based off of the tutorial Elastoplastic Analysis of Holed Plate.

The hardening function is defined as: max(0,stress_strain_curve(solid.epe+solid.mises/solid.E)-solid.sigmags)

However, I am defining my material through a uniaxial stress strain curve based off this tutorial: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/part-2-obtaining-material-data-for-structural-mechanics-from-measurements/

How would I edit the hardening function to work for my material using the stress strain curve? I know I need to at least replace the Solid.E variable, but I am not sure with what.

0 Replies Last Post Jun 29, 2018, 12:39 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alec Yenawine

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.