Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thermofluidic Modelling of hydrogen absorption in metal hydride bed

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

For learning purposes, I was trying to do the this project Thermofluidynamic Modelling of hydrogen absorption and desorption in a LaNi4.8Al0.2 Hydride Bed at www.comsol.com/papers/7311/download/Lombardo.pdf (published in Comsol conference 2009 Milan). Except instead of two subdomain, I have only one domain containing the porous media and hydrogen enters the cylender through inlet. I am using the Darcy Law's Module and Heat transfer in Porous medium module. For kinetic expression, I have defined the formula in the definition section. I am using the same values and formulas defined in this paper. When I tried to run the program, I get errors which are associated with heat source definition and hydrogen mass absorption rate definition. Furthermore, I would like to see how would you plot the temperature and internal pressure plots which are published in the paper.

I have attached the file. Thank you in advance.

14 Replies Last Post May 27, 2016, 3:48 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Muhammad Assad

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 26, 2011, 4:44 a.m. EST
Dear colleague,
Did you solve the problem? In case you did, please send the improved model.
Regards
Dear colleague, Did you solve the problem? In case you did, please send the improved model. Regards

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 9, 2013, 7:22 a.m. EST
Hi
Did you get the improved model?
If YES, can i have it too?
Hi Did you get the improved model? If YES, can i have it too?

Posted: 10 years ago Aug 28, 2014, 12:28 p.m. EDT
There are multiple syntax errors (missing * sign, m63 instead m^3) or maybe they've appeared when i opened the file with comsol 4.3
Also, you have circular dependency: rhoss depends on Qm wich depends on phoss
You'll need to solve equation of hydrogen concentration (chemical reaction's rate equation). Look at appropriate articles, for example, M. GAMBINI, METAL HYDRIDE ENERGY SYSTEMS PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. PART A: DYNAMIC ANALYSIS MODEL OF HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER

I'm currently working on almost same case, but it keep giving me an error "trying to find logarithm of negative number" while the expression is log(abs(p)) !...
There are multiple syntax errors (missing * sign, m63 instead m^3) or maybe they've appeared when i opened the file with comsol 4.3 Also, you have circular dependency: rhoss depends on Qm wich depends on phoss You'll need to solve equation of hydrogen concentration (chemical reaction's rate equation). Look at appropriate articles, for example, M. GAMBINI, METAL HYDRIDE ENERGY SYSTEMS PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. PART A: DYNAMIC ANALYSIS MODEL OF HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER I'm currently working on almost same case, but it keep giving me an error "trying to find logarithm of negative number" while the expression is log(abs(p)) !...

Posted: 10 years ago Sep 16, 2014, 4:48 p.m. EDT
I did something to the file and tried to improve it.
The main problem is in the heat source equation and inconsistent units.
If you wish we can work that together.
I am also trying to so that using FlexPDE software.
I did something to the file and tried to improve it. The main problem is in the heat source equation and inconsistent units. If you wish we can work that together. I am also trying to so that using FlexPDE software.

Posted: 10 years ago Oct 10, 2014, 9:53 a.m. EDT
If interested I can send you the file by e-mail.
If interested I can send you the file by e-mail.

Posted: 9 years ago Jan 14, 2015, 6:47 a.m. EST
yes, please send me files.

yes, please send me files.

Posted: 9 years ago Jan 15, 2015, 7:05 a.m. EST
Try out with some constant values...may be you will get results..i am also hydrogen storage models..till now my results are not satisfactory....
Try out with some constant values...may be you will get results..i am also hydrogen storage models..till now my results are not satisfactory....

Posted: 9 years ago Mar 29, 2015, 2:51 p.m. EDT
what is your e-mail?
what is your e-mail?

Posted: 9 years ago Mar 30, 2015, 8:39 a.m. EDT
e-mail adress: ihilali@gmail.com
e-mail adress: ihilali@gmail.com

Posted: 9 years ago Apr 21, 2015, 3:31 a.m. EDT
Hi
I used comsol for the same problem, can you please send me the model?
Many thanks.
Hi I used comsol for the same problem, can you please send me the model? Many thanks.

Posted: 9 years ago Apr 21, 2015, 3:38 a.m. EDT
I downlod your model and i think there is a lot of thing miss in your model.
me i used the PDE for hydrogen absorption rate.
my problem is just related with initial and bondary conditions.
if you want, we can work together.
I downlod your model and i think there is a lot of thing miss in your model. me i used the PDE for hydrogen absorption rate. my problem is just related with initial and bondary conditions. if you want, we can work together.

Posted: 9 years ago Apr 21, 2015, 5:33 a.m. EDT
yes, please send me files
yes, please send me files

Posted: 9 years ago May 28, 2015, 2:54 p.m. EDT
What is your e-mail? Mine is jehadyam@yahoo.com
What is your e-mail? Mine is jehadyam@yahoo.com

Posted: 8 years ago May 27, 2016, 3:48 p.m. EDT
Did you solve your problem with the metal hydride model?
Did you solve your problem with the metal hydride model?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.