Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fault zones in a mixture model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I have been trying to simulate a UASB reactor using a mixture model. I got some results, but observed the formation of fault zones in the region between the dispersed phase and continuous phase during the simulation.
I need help figuring out the cause of this problem, I think this happened because the mesh used.
I tried using a more refined mesh but did not solve the problem.

Here is the link to download the file simulated. Please help me solve this problem.

www.4shared.com/file/6y0p-SYf/UASB_reactor_simulation_-_faul.html

Thanks you in advance.
Diego Cruz.

1 Reply Last Post Feb 15, 2015, 7:36 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Diego Cruz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Alberto Andres Martinez Vesga

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Feb 15, 2015, 7:36 p.m. EST
Hello Diego, I've tried to download your simulation of the UASB Reactor but it's no longer available, I want to simulate it and I need something to start with. Could you please share another link with me? I will appreciate it.

Thanks for your attention,

Alberto Martínez,
Energy engeneering student.
Hello Diego, I've tried to download your simulation of the UASB Reactor but it's no longer available, I want to simulate it and I need something to start with. Could you please share another link with me? I will appreciate it. Thanks for your attention, Alberto Martínez, Energy engeneering student.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.