Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Who can help me in cMUT >> COMSOL model - - - Enter please

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am Mohamed Aref, and my graduation project is about cMUT design and simulation
and i almost finished the analytical solution, and get my parameters, and now the next step is to
simulate the cMUT device by COMSOL and compare results with analytic solution.

For a 2 months ago i was trying to design cMUT COMSOL model and simulate it, at each time a have a lot of errors
so i want any one who studied cMUT and make COMSOL model for it help me to finish my task.

I understand almost 80% of the COMSOL design procedure and only want help for some problems which faces
me.

I'll wail, and i a? so sorry for my request.

Thanks, Mohamed Aref.

3 Replies Last Post Jun 30, 2011, 9:45 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 29, 2011, 7:07 p.m. EDT
Hi, i am so sorry, but i need any help, please
Hi, i am so sorry, but i need any help, please

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 30, 2011, 3:38 a.m. EDT
Mohamed,

I would recommend you to walk through some of the tutorial models that are provided with Comsol. Browse through the model library and choose what fits best your needs. Reproduce the model step by step and try to gain a full underdtanding of each step. You can also search in the knowledge base. There you may find additional models that can be useful to learn the process.

Another thing is that in my understanding a CMUT is not necessarily a piezoelectric device. Isn't it essentially based on electrostatics? It is really essential to understand the underlying physics you want to model. Without this understanding you will not produce meaningful results.

Regards
Edgar
Mohamed, I would recommend you to walk through some of the tutorial models that are provided with Comsol. Browse through the model library and choose what fits best your needs. Reproduce the model step by step and try to gain a full underdtanding of each step. You can also search in the knowledge base. There you may find additional models that can be useful to learn the process. Another thing is that in my understanding a CMUT is not necessarily a piezoelectric device. Isn't it essentially based on electrostatics? It is really essential to understand the underlying physics you want to model. Without this understanding you will not produce meaningful results. Regards Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 30, 2011, 9:45 a.m. EDT

Mohamed,

I would recommend you to walk through some of the tutorial models that are provided with Comsol. Browse through the model library and choose what fits best your needs. Reproduce the model step by step and try to gain a full underdtanding of each step. You can also search in the knowledge base. There you may find additional models that can be useful to learn the process.

Another thing is that in my understanding a CMUT is not necessarily a piezoelectric device. Isn't it essentially based on electrostatics? It is really essential to understand the underlying physics you want to model. Without this understanding you will not produce meaningful results.

Regards
Edgar

Hi,
Thank you for your replay
I can make every thing in comsol, but there are some problems (error) i don't understand them. so i want only help in these points

How can i know the suitable physics to my design ?
[QUOTE] Mohamed, I would recommend you to walk through some of the tutorial models that are provided with Comsol. Browse through the model library and choose what fits best your needs. Reproduce the model step by step and try to gain a full underdtanding of each step. You can also search in the knowledge base. There you may find additional models that can be useful to learn the process. Another thing is that in my understanding a CMUT is not necessarily a piezoelectric device. Isn't it essentially based on electrostatics? It is really essential to understand the underlying physics you want to model. Without this understanding you will not produce meaningful results. Regards Edgar [/QUOTE] Hi, Thank you for your replay I can make every thing in comsol, but there are some problems (error) i don't understand them. so i want only help in these points How can i know the suitable physics to my design ?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.