Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Villermaux-Dushman reaction for calculating Mixing Index & Mixing Time in a T-Shape micro-channel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I need to compute mixing index of a T-Shape micro-channel. So I decided to simulating Villermaux-Dushman reaction in it. What physics or multi-physics of COMSOL is useful for simulation of a reacting flow in a micro-channel? I tried "Reacting Flow" multi-physics but it doesn't find a converge answer. Maybe I had defined reactions wrongly! How can I define a reaction in Transport of Diluted Species module? I know that there is a node (Reaction node) in this module, but i don't know how to use it. NOTE: Mixing index can be calculated by investigating the rate of "Iodine" production in summation of three reactions below called Villermaux-Dushman reactions: H2BO3- + H+ => H3BO3/// 5I- + IO3- + 6H+ => 3I2 + 3H2O/// I2 + I- <=> I3-

0 Replies Last Post Aug 21, 2018, 10:32 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Raphael Speraw

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.