Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to do multiple static analysis steps and use adaptive remesh to update the mesh at each step while inherit the stress and strain in previous step as initial conditioins

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm trying to reconstruct a model of cytokinesis in this paper

I've tried axisymetric model in COMSOL using the remesh of a single static step in the adaptation and error estimate as the following. However, I have very limited control of the remesh configuration, only the maximum element number. I'm wondering if it's possible to have several criterions for remesh like the maximum and minimum element size of the remesh? https://ibb.co/nn99Oe The figure after manually adjust the range of value is like this, https://ibb.co/k1Y0wz

Another critical problem is I don't know how to do multiple static steps that inherit the stress and strain from the previous remeshed step so far. I've found a stress free nodal update here, but what I want is to inherit stress and strain from the original configuration and keep each analysis in a static sense. I don't want a time dependent physical problems. Could anyone give me some advise about how to do that?

One of the point I found is that for static problem, when I disable the BC's by modifying the physical model tree, COMSOL always just report error, " - Feature: Stationary Solver 2 (sol1/s2)". My COMSOL window setting is like this. This doesn't happen in the time dependent analysis when I play with the heat transfer problem. Does anyone know what's wrong with my setting? How to do multiple static analysis steps use the remesh to update the mesh at each step while inherit the stress and strain in previous step as initial conditioins. Please help and let me know, thanks.

0 Replies Last Post Oct 1, 2018, 12:29 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello danielcpnkimo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.