Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I get a result of current distribution in RF module?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am Junseob Kim, MS student of Electrical Engineering in Texas A&M University. I am a beginner of comsol multiphisics and trying to solve a simple problem.

When electric wave exp(-jkz) with f=300mHz propagates to a box with permittivity Er=3 and length of 2lambda, I have to get a result of current distribution around the box. I could get a result of electric fields with a guide of Radar Cross Section but It is difficult to get a result of current distribution for me.

So, please let me know how to solve this problem. It would be helpful to me. Thank you very much.

1 Reply Last Post Oct 26, 2018, 10:16 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Oct 26, 2018, 10:16 p.m. EDT

You can plot surface currents as either arrow surface plots or surface plots of their components. The options are available when you right-click on the Results section and can choose to create a new 3D plot, then choose a surface plot under that heading, etc.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
You can plot surface currents as either arrow surface plots or surface plots of their components. The options are available when you right-click on the Results section and can choose to create a new 3D plot, then choose a surface plot under that heading, etc.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.