Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to use linear extrusion (for temperature) with time dependent studies?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am working with COMSOL 5.2a. I have a radiation heat transfer problem of several disks (added at different times) with radiation heaters at the top and bottom of the stack. At t=0s I like to start with one disk and the two heaters. The distance to one heater is large because the other disks needed to be insert in this free space after specific time. At a time t1=10s I like to add a second disk (initial condition: room temperature) to the system (changing number of domains) and keeping the rest of the stack the same including temperature, distances, boundary conditions. At t2=20s the third disk should be added. The stack looks now like: Top heater Disk1 Disk2 Disk3 Bottom heater I split in to 3 components (comp1, comp2, comp3) and like to transfer the temperature at t1=10s from comp1 (one disk) to comp2 (two disks) and at t2=20s from comp2 to comp3 (3 disks) and heat all 3 disks for 10s so t3=30s. How to deal this with linear extrusion? How to access the temperature of comp1 at a specific time with the linear extrusion? Is there a step-by-step introduction available based on time dependent study steps? How can I make the extrusion visible in the results part? Because of radiation source and insulating boundaries stationary study cannot be used. I am interested in the temperature profile in each disk at any time (especially at the times t1, t2, t3) to check the homogeneity.

I hope you can help me. Thanks in advanced.

0 Replies Last Post Dec 5, 2018, 2:16 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Soeren Loesch

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.