Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat source probing of a single domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am simulating time dependent heat transfer of an IC. The IC have several heat sources that are temperature dependent and I like to probe those heat sources in order to have the temperature and power for each required domain varies time The temperature probing was easy but when come to the power deification probe I have some difficulties. I specified a domain probe and in the Expression the only options I find are: Ht.Qtot – Total heat source, Ht.Qlnt – Total heat source, Ht.solid1.Qint – total heat source. All give me the total power of all the heat sources together and not the specific domain I specified at the source selection. Is there a way to prove one domain power dissipation (heat source) ? Thank you.

0 Replies Last Post Dec 6, 2018, 4:21 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tamir Zaltsman

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.