Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

user defined equation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,
I am calculating electromagnetic torque for my machine from rate of change of co-energy with respect to angular displacement. THere is an equation to calculate this co-energy consisting of source current density J, flux density B, permeability and volume of region. I read somewhere that the equation of co-energy can be defined in the postprocessing package using MAGNET FE program.

Is there any way that the equation can be defined in COMSOL? if yes can anyone please advice me on how to go about doing it? i want to compare the result of analytical calculation with the one obtained using COMSOL.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

0 Replies Last Post Aug 9, 2011, 9:57 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Amissa Arifin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.