Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"Complex numbers not supported" Error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm currently running COMSOL 4.0 with the AC/DC module attempting to create a finite element model of human tissue when passing a current through it. There are a bunch of tissues I've set up with electrical properties, and electrodes to both inject and sense current. I think I have everything set up correctly. However, when I run a frequency domain study, I get an error every time saying "Complex numbers not supported by Algebraic multigrid. Segregated group." I do not have any complex numbers being input into my model, and so can only assume that somewhere there's a square root of a negative number etc etc... Can anyone describe what that error code might mean? Or what might need to be modified abou the model to prevent it? I would attach the model here, but it appears to be too big to upload (20 MB).

Thanks very much,

Tyler

1 Reply Last Post Aug 18, 2011, 1:44 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 18, 2011, 1:44 a.m. EDT
Hi

these kind of errors are often difficult to identify ;) Anyhow, I would suggest that you get hand on the latest version and tra again, with a fresh rebuild model in the latest version, as the v4 were not yet fully "ironed out"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi these kind of errors are often difficult to identify ;) Anyhow, I would suggest that you get hand on the latest version and tra again, with a fresh rebuild model in the latest version, as the v4 were not yet fully "ironed out" -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.