Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cluster seems to run perfectly and outputs a file named test2out.mph but no results are shown

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

So i'm running my comsol 4.0a cluster from the command line with the bash script:
#!/bin/bash
#PBS -N comsol
#PBS -l nodes=5:ppn=8

cd /home/higginsb/comsol/

/share/apps/comsol40a/bin/comsol -nn 5 mpd boot -v -r ssh -f $PBS_NODEFILE

/share/apps/comsol40a/bin/comsol mpd trace

/share/apps/comsol40a/bin/comsol -nn 5 -np 8 batch -inputfile /home/higginsb/comsol/test2.mph -outputfile /home/higginsb/comsol/test2out.mph -batchlog b.log

/share/apps/comsol40a/bin/comsol mod all exit

everything seems to run perfect and i can monitor the cluster as its distributes the model across the nodes, but when it's done and i open the output file I get no results. I really can't figure out what is going on and i'm sure i'm just over looking something small but i've been at it for about 4 months now and can't find what is going wrong.

Some one please help me!!

Cheers!
Ben

3 Replies Last Post Aug 19, 2011, 4:15 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 18, 2011, 4:54 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I don't see anything wrong with your bash file except the last line that should be

/share/apps/comsol40a/bin/comsol mpd allexit

Best regards,

Alain Glière

Hi, I don't see anything wrong with your bash file except the last line that should be /share/apps/comsol40a/bin/comsol mpd allexit Best regards, Alain Glière

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 18, 2011, 1:32 p.m. EDT
I don't know why that space showed up here, but its not like that in the script itself. Is there anything else i might need so be doing in the model file itself?
I don't know why that space showed up here, but its not like that in the script itself. Is there anything else i might need so be doing in the model file itself?

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 19, 2011, 4:15 a.m. EDT
In fact, you also had "mod" instead of "mpd" in that line. But I don't think it is the problem...

Maybe you could try to remove the -outputfile option in order to have comsol write the solution in the original file?

Once it works, please post some information on the performance improvement you get (which on my side is really disappointing ...)

Best regards,

Alain Glière
In fact, you also had "mod" instead of "mpd" in that line. But I don't think it is the problem... Maybe you could try to remove the -outputfile option in order to have comsol write the solution in the original file? Once it works, please post some information on the performance improvement you get (which on my side is really disappointing ...) Best regards, Alain Glière

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.