Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I simulate lamb wave in COMSOL??

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i'm trying to solve the paper of pablo Gomez about Lamb Waves and Dispersion Curves in Plates. I made the first part of this work, but i didn't know how can i do the rest. Especially how could i make a fourier transform (FFT) of the displacement to get the frequency - k(wave number) or frequency - group_velocity representations? I read in many papers that the lonly way to do this, is to write a matlab code .. but i really dont have no idea how it works. In Comsol version 5.2 there already a study step : time to frequency fft , i try it but still i dont know how can i plot the dispersions curves of lamb waves! it would be very nice if someone had an expereince with the same subject and can help me to solve this paper.

0 Replies Last Post Feb 2, 2019, 4:43 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello eunyoung jj

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.