Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to delete the intersection point of two circles?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am having some problems deleting the intersection points of two circle. Small circle is inside the large circle. However, they have intersection points. I wanna keep two circles but don't want the intersection points. I have attached two images. I want the second image from the first one. I would really appreciate if anyone help me to figure out.

3 Replies Last Post Mar 5, 2019, 3:34 a.m. EST
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Mar 1, 2019, 4:37 a.m. EST

If your circles only touch at a point then I can't see how you'll end up with the lower image. If the overlap is larger than a point then it is possible to get what you want.

There are probably many ways to get what you want. I've attached my attempt.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
If your circles only touch at a point then I can't see how you'll end up with the lower image. If the overlap is larger than a point then it is possible to get what you want. There are probably many ways to get what you want. I've attached my attempt.

Posted: 5 years ago Mar 4, 2019, 1:33 p.m. EST

Hi Lars, The files you sent show that the the COMSOL model file is damaged or not valid. I am using COMSOl 5.3a version. Coudl you please help me with that. Note: the overlap is larger than a point.

Thanks Sohel

Hi Lars, The files you sent show that the the COMSOL model file is damaged or not valid. I am using COMSOl 5.3a version. Coudl you please help me with that. Note: the overlap is larger than a point. Thanks Sohel

Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Mar 5, 2019, 3:34 a.m. EST

Hi Sohel

Sorry, I can't redo the file. I'm using Comsol 5.4.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi Sohel Sorry, I can't redo the file. I'm using Comsol 5.4.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.