Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am a beginner in using COMSOL 5.0. During my first practice, I discovered the file, "v_flow_battery_membrane_variables.txt" is missing when I wanted to define the variables for membrane. Picture attached below

Please what's your advice?

3 Replies Last Post Apr 3, 2019, 8:59 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Mar 4, 2019, 9:15 a.m. EST
Updated: 5 years ago Mar 4, 2019, 1:39 p.m. EST

Hello Oladapo,

The version 5.0 of the step by step instructions for the Vanadium Redox Flow Battery do not involve a file by the name v_flow_battery_membrane_variables.txt . I suspect you are looking at step by step instructions intended for the current version (5.4) of the software, see https://www.comsol.com/model/vanadium-redox-flow-battery-14153 . Your COMSOL rep should be able to send you the 5.0 version of the instructions; you can contact them through this link.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Oladapo, The version 5.0 of the step by step instructions for the Vanadium Redox Flow Battery do not involve a file by the name v_flow_battery_membrane_variables.txt . I suspect you are looking at step by step instructions intended for the current version (5.4) of the software, see https://www.comsol.com/model/vanadium-redox-flow-battery-14153 . Your COMSOL rep should be able to send you the 5.0 version of the instructions; you can contact them through this [link](http://www.comsol.com/contact/). Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 3, 2019, 12:15 a.m. EDT

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the response.

I noticed the 5.0 version does not have the "add multiphysics button" under the physics menu. What could be wrong?

Please, I am a beginner in using COMSOL, I am learnng it for the modeling and simulation of Vanadium Redox flow batteries as a project

Is the 5.0 version still okay or updated for such task? what's your advice?

Thanks

Best Regards, Chris

Hi Jeff, Thank you for the response. I noticed the 5.0 version does not have the "add multiphysics button" under the physics menu. What could be wrong? Please, I am a beginner in using COMSOL, I am learnng it for the modeling and simulation of Vanadium Redox flow batteries as a project Is the 5.0 version still okay or updated for such task? what's your advice? Thanks Best Regards, Chris

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 3, 2019, 8:59 a.m. EDT

Version 5.0 is a few years old, and many improvements have been implemented since in all aspects of the software. We always recommend using the latest version of the software. Not only does it reflect the latest developments, but it's also the version for which you'll find the most resources, including training materials, available on our website. For instance, we have added relatively recently the fantastic Learning Center, a video-based self-training course, which did not exist at 5.0.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Version 5.0 is a few years old, and many improvements have been implemented since in all aspects of the software. We always recommend using the latest version of the software. Not only does it reflect the latest developments, but it's also the version for which you'll find the most resources, including training materials, available on our website. For instance, we have added relatively recently the fantastic [Learning Center](https://www.comsol.com/learning-center), a video-based self-training course, which did not exist at 5.0. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.