Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

History can not be erased, comsol complains about wrong number of func arguments

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I had a function x1 with 1 argument. I have then changed this function to have 3 arguments, and updated every node in the geometry tree which used this function. COMSOL still keeps complaining about 'function called with wrong number of arguments', even though I tried to clear the history, restart comsol, etc. When exporting the model as a .java file, there are run(), run2(), run3() functions in the java class. All but the last of these contain the old code (x1 called with 1 argument). How can I erase this history? Thank you Daniel

2 Replies Last Post Apr 3, 2019, 3:45 a.m. EDT
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 2, 2019, 10:36 a.m. EDT

I don't think that history is the problem - it's only used when you export the model to a .java- or .m-file, not when solving the model. Are you sure that you have updated all references to x1? Searching for all references using Ctrl+F should do the trick.

If all else fails I think that you should consider contacting COMSOL support.

I don't think that history is the problem - it's only used when you export the model to a .java- or .m-file, not when solving the model. Are you sure that you have updated all references to x1? Searching for all references using Ctrl+F should do the trick. If all else fails I think that you should consider contacting COMSOL support.

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 3, 2019, 3:45 a.m. EDT

You were right, there was a smart Ball selection which used this function to position the center of the ball. Sorry.

You were right, there was a smart Ball selection which used this function to position the center of the ball. Sorry.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.