Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Microwave Heating

Muhammad Shemyal Nisar

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have been trying to simulate microwave heating for a model that I made using COMSOL 5.2. The problem I am facing is that the simulation is stuck at iteration of geometric multigrid and BiCStab. It has not even started ploting the convergence graph for the simulation after hours of simulation. I am attaching a screenshot to show the situation. Please help me out here.

Regards,

4 Replies Last Post May 13, 2019, 6:00 a.m. EDT

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 15, 2019, 2:05 p.m. EDT

Mesh refinement may help or try another iterative solver or direct solver

Mesh refinement may help or try another iterative solver or direct solver

Muhammad Shemyal Nisar

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 17, 2019, 8:37 p.m. EDT

I refined the mesh and still got this error

I refined the mesh and still got this error

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 21, 2019, 10:49 p.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Apr 21, 2019, 10:50 p.m. EDT

Try a different solver. Consider GMRES, if you want to stay with an iterative solver. Otherwise, consider PARDISO or others.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Try a different solver. Consider GMRES, if you want to stay with an iterative solver. Otherwise, consider PARDISO or others.

Posted: 5 years ago May 13, 2019, 6:00 a.m. EDT

I think all physics you are integrated are spending a lot of time in calculation process. A normal microwave heating simulated in comsol contains just three physics: -EM waves, frequency domain. -Heat transfer in solids. -Electromagnetic heat (multiphysics).

Each additional physic you add, requires a great time of increment in calculations, for example if you form an assembly instead an union, adding some additional physic, etc.

You can try to disable additional conditions checking the behaivour of the calculation. also you can upload your mph file. Best!

I think all physics you are integrated are spending a lot of time in calculation process. A normal microwave heating simulated in comsol contains just three physics: -EM waves, frequency domain. -Heat transfer in solids. -Electromagnetic heat (multiphysics). Each additional physic you add, requires a great time of increment in calculations, for example if you form an assembly instead an union, adding some additional physic, etc. You can try to disable additional conditions checking the behaivour of the calculation. also you can upload your mph file. Best!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.