Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can make the shared boundaries in identity boundary pairs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,all I am simulating a pm_motor in comsol Multiphysics, I use the rotating machinery magntic, I imported the dxf document. While I am defining the identity boundary pair, the source boundary and destination boundary are the same number. I read the generator_2d model, it is said that the shared boundaries are automatically maked. But I fail. How can I handle the problem? Plz help me. Is it the model error?How can I change the model to make the shared boundaries?

7 Replies Last Post Apr 27, 2019, 6:47 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 27, 2019, 4:59 a.m. EDT

Joey,

you need to form separate unions inside and outside the boundary in the airgap. Then this must be finalized as an assembly. Then the pair will be created automatically.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Joey, you need to form separate unions inside and outside the boundary in the airgap. Then this must be finalized as an assembly. Then the pair will be created automatically. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 27, 2019, 5:17 a.m. EDT

Edgar, Because I imported the dxf file to make this simulation, how can I separate the only domain. I used the Booleans and Partitions, just have only one domain for me to choose. I try to make the identity boundary pair, you can read the image I uoploaded. I am simulating a 2D model. Can I use the partition domain in the Geometry to separate the stator part and the rotor part? Also I have another problem, while I defined the material, I choosed the domain with air, the circle automatically contain the magnets in my motor. How can avoid this problem? In the selected domain, the magnets are including in the air domain.

Edgar, Because I imported the dxf file to make this simulation, how can I separate the only domain. I used the Booleans and Partitions, just have only one domain for me to choose. I try to make the identity boundary pair, you can read the image I uoploaded. I am simulating a 2D model. Can I use the partition domain in the Geometry to separate the stator part and the rotor part? Also I have another problem, while I defined the material, I choosed the domain with air, the circle automatically contain the magnets in my motor. How can avoid this problem? In the selected domain, the magnets are including in the air domain.

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 27, 2019, 5:24 a.m. EDT

Yes this can be a problem with CAD imports. You need to find a way to partition the geometry into the physical domains using the boundaries in the import. For the rotor and stator you may insert a circle into the middle of the airgap and use the circle to partition.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
www.emphys.com
Yes this can be a problem with CAD imports. You need to find a way to partition the geometry into the physical domains using the boundaries in the import. For the rotor and stator you may insert a circle into the middle of the airgap and use the circle to partition.

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 27, 2019, 5:29 a.m. EDT

Yep, I have tired to insert a circle into the middle of the airgap, but it cannot automatically created the shared boundaires. What's your mean that use the circle to partition? I tried using the partition edges, it cannot create the shared boundaries.

Yep, I have tired to insert a circle into the middle of the airgap, but it cannot automatically created the shared boundaires. What's your mean that use the circle to partition? I tried using the partition edges, it cannot create the shared boundaries.

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 27, 2019, 5:58 a.m. EDT

You need to insert the circle as a curve, not a solid. And then use the partition domains tool and partition this domain using the circle curve as partitioning edge.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
www.emphys.com
You need to insert the circle as a curve, not a solid. And then use the partition domains tool and partition this domain using the circle curve as partitioning edge.

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 27, 2019, 6:11 a.m. EDT

The circle as a curve, but not a solid, which kind of curve should I use? And I used the partition edges, the result as the image I uploaded. The circle you mentioned that is coponent of identity boundaries?

The circle as a curve, but not a solid, which kind of curve should I use? And I used the partition edges, the result as the image I uploaded. The circle you mentioned that is coponent of identity boundaries?

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 27, 2019, 6:47 a.m. EDT

Joey, I am afraid this message loop may become endless. If you are willing to upload the model to the forum, together with the CAD import file I or others might be able to implement an example.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
www.emphys.com
Joey, I am afraid this message loop may become endless. If you are willing to upload the model to the forum, together with the CAD import file I or others might be able to implement an example.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.