Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

fluid simulation post processing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to ask a simple waterway model, such as in the picture, how to get along the pipeline, a one-dimensional curve of pressure and velocity changes from the inlet to the outlet, or the average of the cross-section along the pipeline.

1 Reply Last Post May 8, 2019, 4:44 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago May 8, 2019, 4:44 p.m. EDT

Hi,

I think you forgot to attach the said picture, so only guessing here. If the line you want is a straight line, one easy way to do this is to create a "Cut Line". However if the plot you want is along an arbitrary curve you should have a look at the section "Parameterized Curve 2D and Parameterized Curve 3D" in the reference manual.

In v5.4 it's on page 1354 of the COMSOL reference manual, which you will find at

/path/to/comsol/doc/pdf/COMSOL_Multiphysics/COMSOL_ReferenceManual.pdf

Hi, I think you forgot to attach the said picture, so only guessing here. If the line you want is a straight line, one easy way to do this is to create a "Cut Line". However if the plot you want is along an arbitrary curve you should have a look at the section "Parameterized Curve 2D and Parameterized Curve 3D" in the reference manual. In v5.4 it's on page 1354 of the COMSOL reference manual, which you will find at /path/to/comsol/doc/pdf/COMSOL_Multiphysics/COMSOL_ReferenceManual.pdf

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.