Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How should I create an arbitrary 3D geometry object with contour coordinates

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Since there is no more function like ' loft ' in 3.5a, how can I create a 3D geometry object with only the contour coordinates with only 4.2 functions? Can I convert a set of parallel polygons to a 3D geometry, by assigning each one with a z-axis height and combining all of them? Thank you all!

4 Replies Last Post Feb 16, 2016, 8:48 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yun He

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago Dec 4, 2015, 10:42 a.m. EST
Hello Yun,
These days, the lofting capability is available without any programming necessary, see www.comsol.com/design-module
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Yun, These days, the lofting capability is available without any programming necessary, see http://www.comsol.com/design-module Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago Feb 13, 2016, 7:20 p.m. EST
Hi Jeff,

I would like to generate 3D CAD from multiple layers MRI images in Comsol. I am using coordinates manually and then export to in to Comsol. While I did that I can not make lofting , I think , because images coordinates vary (x and y value vary). I have two questions
Firstly, Is there any simple way to have MRI images coordinates in Matlab?
Secondly, Do you have any recommendations about lofting problem as mentioned?
Any rec commendations would be appreciated. Many Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Enver Salkim
Hi Jeff, I would like to generate 3D CAD from multiple layers MRI images in Comsol. I am using coordinates manually and then export to in to Comsol. While I did that I can not make lofting , I think , because images coordinates vary (x and y value vary). I have two questions Firstly, Is there any simple way to have MRI images coordinates in Matlab? Secondly, Do you have any recommendations about lofting problem as mentioned? Any rec commendations would be appreciated. Many Thanks in advance Best Regards Enver Salkim

Lorant Olasz COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago Feb 15, 2016, 5:55 a.m. EST
Hi Enver,
Perhaps the function mphimage2geom that comes with LiveLink for MATLAB could be of some help. It can be used to convert images into geometry, will output either interpolation curves or polygons.
Best,
Lorant
Hi Enver, Perhaps the function mphimage2geom that comes with LiveLink for MATLAB could be of some help. It can be used to convert images into geometry, will output either interpolation curves or polygons. Best, Lorant

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago Feb 16, 2016, 8:48 a.m. EST
Hello Enver,
I don't believe I understand your question. Please contact our technical support team (support@comsol.com) should you still be facing difficulties.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Enver, I don't believe I understand your question. Please contact our technical support team (support@comsol.com) should you still be facing difficulties. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.