Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

To get information about an input file.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everone,

I am looking for a COMSOL file which has element number, element type, boundary conditions, Loading conditions written in it. I want to use that file and want to modify the boundary conditions and directly run in to the software as an input. I found a file (.mphtxt) which has element type, element number, but I was unable to provide boundary condition to the node sets. Is there any way where I can program the file and directly run in the software?

Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post Jul 5, 2019, 2:01 p.m. EDT
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Jul 5, 2019, 1:48 p.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Jul 5, 2019, 1:47 p.m. EDT

Hi

The thing you're asking for does not exist.

The closest thing you'll find is to save the model as a Java-file (File->save as). You'll then see the commands that make up a COMSOL model.

For most purposes you work with a model on a higher level than element numbers and element type. If you need access to lower level functionality then this is covered in the Programming Reference Manual.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi The thing you're asking for does not exist. The closest thing you'll find is to save the model as a Java-file (File->save as). You'll then see the commands that make up a COMSOL model. For most purposes you work with a model on a higher level than element numbers and element type. If you need access to lower level functionality then this is covered in the Programming Reference Manual.

Posted: 5 years ago Jul 5, 2019, 2:01 p.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Jul 5, 2019, 2:01 p.m. EDT

Thanks for the reply.

If I am able to program the Java-file as per the COMSOL syntax. How could I run the file in the COMSOL multiphysics, can I directly open the Java file into the software ?

Thanks for the reply. If I am able to program the Java-file as per the COMSOL syntax. How could I run the file in the COMSOL multiphysics, can I directly open the Java file into the software ?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.