Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL 4.2a with MATLAB (COMSOL 3.5a compatibility) error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm trying to use COMSOL 4.2a with MATLAB (COMSOL 3.5a compatibility) and I obtained the following error:

Undefined variable "com" or class "com.femlab.jni.FlNativeUtil.ensureLibIsLoaded".
Error in initcomsol (line 105)
com.femlab.jni.FlNativeUtil.ensureLibIsLoaded();

And for example when I type fem.geom=circ2, this is the error:

Undefined variable "com" or class "com.femlab.util.Prop".

Can anybody help me?
Thanks.

3 Replies Last Post Mar 26, 2013, 10:32 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yenny Pinto

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 24, 2012, 1:41 p.m. EST
Hi Yenny,
I have the same problem,
Could you help me?
Thanks in advance
Hi Yenny, I have the same problem, Could you help me? Thanks in advance

Posted: 1 decade ago May 27, 2012, 3:38 p.m. EDT
Hi,

I too have the same problem if anyone comes across a solution. I'm using Matlab R2012a and Comsol 4.2a & 3.5a patched to the latest versions.

I've found that if I start Matlab from Comsol 3.5a, rather than 4.2a (with Comsol 3.5a Compatibility) then everything works fine.

Cheers,

Andrew
Hi, I too have the same problem if anyone comes across a solution. I'm using Matlab R2012a and Comsol 4.2a & 3.5a patched to the latest versions. I've found that if I start Matlab from Comsol 3.5a, rather than 4.2a (with Comsol 3.5a Compatibility) then everything works fine. Cheers, Andrew

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 26, 2013, 10:32 p.m. EDT
hi,

I also have the same problem, I am using matlab2010a with comsol4.2a, but COMSOL 3.5a compatibility mode has same error as discribed above.
I want to ask what do you mean of 'if I start Matlab from Comsol 3.5a, rather than 4.2a (with Comsol 3.5a Compatibility)then everything works fine '??
matlab from Comsol 3.5a will automaticlly connect with Comsol 3.5a, does it possible to connect with 4.2a? how to do that?

hope you can see my message

thank you
hi, I also have the same problem, I am using matlab2010a with comsol4.2a, but COMSOL 3.5a compatibility mode has same error as discribed above. I want to ask what do you mean of 'if I start Matlab from Comsol 3.5a, rather than 4.2a (with Comsol 3.5a Compatibility)then everything works fine '?? matlab from Comsol 3.5a will automaticlly connect with Comsol 3.5a, does it possible to connect with 4.2a? how to do that? hope you can see my message thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.